Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Harrington

I can't believe we are finally married!

Any time we meet a new couple it is certain that we swap our "How We Met" stories. Well... our story isn't your typical, "We had a class in college together..." and so on. In fact, I believe I was 13 years old when Adam was off to college. It all started one summer when my mom sent myself and a few of my close friends to basketball camp. I loved basketball when I was younger. I was always the tallest girl out there and could hang with all the boys. Adam, his brother, couple best friends and high school basketball coach were the counselors. As soon as Adam was introduced I had a totally crush on him (yes, at 12 years old you can think boys are cute)! And to be honest, he was totally flirting with me! At the end of the second day, all the counselors picked their "pretend wives!" It was so funny and believe it or not, Adam said told everyone that I was going to be his pretend wife for the week. I remember to this day how gitty I was! Skip a few days and at the end of the week I had broken my wrist (Adam had scared me while I was running backwards and I fell) and on Friday he had signed my cast, "My Future Wife! Best wishes and good luck, Adam Harrington." He was 18 years old at the time and I was 12. I still have the cast to prove it.

Fast forward a little less and 10 years and bam! we have an adorable son and just tied the knot. I can't even begin to describe how blessed I am to have Adam as my husband. I can promise you that God put us on this earth to be together. There is no doubt in my mind. I am forever grateful for September 4, 2010!

(The photographer took 1200 photos so it may be a while until we get them back to share with everyone)!

2 comments:

Maria said...

I don't think I had ever heard the story. I'm guessing there's more to it though. ;-) Congratulations to you both! And Jayden too. :)

Kearstin said...

Oh there is more but I'll save that for a different post ;) Thanks!

Post a Comment