Saturday, September 18, 2010

Say but Don't Do

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who say they are going to do something and don't do it. If you can't do it, just tell me, we will find another way. If you ran out of time, not a big deal just say so. However, when I meet someone who says they are Christian and love Jesus, it urks me to watch them be hypocrites to what they claim believe in. I know it is out of my control and I really shouldn't even let it get to me but it does.

In Isaiah 29:13 the Bible reads,

The Lord says:
"These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is made up only of rules taught by men."

There are people who may talk about their love for Jesus but do not follow His word. I believe that God knows whose hearts are close to Him and His teachings. You must be faithful and take a strong stand in what we believe in no matter what other people around you believe in. Being a Christian and loving Jesus is not a trend; it's not going to be cool one weekend and not the next. The Lord is omnipotent; He can do anything that pleases Him, but his actions will always be in accord with the rest of His character (Jeremiah 32:17). Stay true to your character and yourself.

2 comments:

Maria said...

We all have pet peeves, but we all also need to acknowledge that we're all sinners (Romans 3 and elsewhere), and all sin separates us from God (Romans 6:23). At the same time we should strive to be the fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-30) and are told by Jesus to forgive seventy times seven (Matthew 18:21-35) [or seventy seven depending on the version]. It is God's job to judge our hearts, and he will do so when it is His time (1 Corinthians 4:5).

Kearstin said...

Amen Maria! Very well said! Thanks for commenting!

Post a Comment