Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Love for Coupons

This is the first time I've said this, but I think I am addicted to coupons. Actually I know I am. I love them.

To make things easier on all of us, every Sunday night I make my weekly menu which consists of planning meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Once I come up with 21 meals (yes, 21 complete meals) I make a list of everything I need for the week to complete those meals. My next step is to shop around (via sale flyers) for the best deals between 3 supermarkets. And finally, I match the best in-store sales with my coupons and get ready to go shopping. Call me crazy but there is so much satisfaction that comes from looking at the sales receipt after I am done shopping and see how much I saved.

I tend to clip coupons for the Newspaper, magazines and online. There are numerous websites online that will give you free printable coupons as well such as www.wow-coupons.com, www.couponmom.com and www.freecoupons.com. For those of you shopping online, never check-out before searching, for example, "Eastbay online promotional code." There is always some kind of coupon out there with your name on it.

So by now you may be asking, why would I carry Louis Vuitton bags and clip coupons. Well it's just that, Louis Vuitton never goes on sale people, I gotta my sale fix somewhere!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Shoot-- I gotta get my sale fix so I can afford the Fendi! LOL! You are very disciplined in your coupon clipping. One thing I also google before checking out online is "[insert store] free shipping." Works almost every time. :)

As for saving on food, you can usually also save by joining a co-op, CSA, or finding local suppliers. You get higher quality food at the same or lower cost. Plus, it is better for the environment not to be shipped two thousand miles. Win-win!

A Boy, His Girls & A Big Dog said...

You and me both, I love, love, love them.

Post a Comment