Thursday, January 21, 2010

Basketball, Basketball and More Basketball


I usually don't like to write about our family on this blog but since it is about our lives living overseas while Adam plays basketball I think it fits.

Every basketball player either wants their child to follow in their footsteps and become a basketball player themselves or the exact opposite; since they lived the life of a professional basketball player and know the up ands downs they do not want their child to experience the same.

When I tell people that our son is obsessed with basketball people are probably thinking I am exaggerating. That's not the case at all. Jayden is honestly in love with the sport of basketball. On a typical day, Jayden plays basketball by himself or with Adam and I for a solid 3-4 hours. Jayden will beg to go to Adam's practices and just sit in the stands and watch. On game days, he asks every hour or so if it is time to go to the game. And hasn't just started. He has sat through every one of Adam's games since he was a newborn. I never let him get up and play around during a game so he learned very young that he is to sit and watch the game or we don't go.

So why am I telling you all this? Because earlier today as Jayden and I contemplated what to do this morning he told me, "Mom, I'll just be Dirk and play some basketball." Sure enough, he went in his room and transformed into Dirk Harrington. To have the imagination of a 2 year old would be amazing.

2 comments:

Maria said...

LOL! I thought you were going to say something about standing to pee thanks to the photo. ;-)

Kearstin said...

HAHA - As I was looking for a photo of Jayden as "Dirk Harrington" that was the first one that I came across. Therefore, it made the post ;)

Post a Comment