Sunday, January 24, 2010

Playing for Haiti

We have done our part from Poland! Have you done yours?

It is amazing to see so many countries come together to help a country that is in dire need of support and relief from a tragic earthquake. When the news broke Adam and I immediately looked for ways we could help from Poland. We donated via the internet to couple organizations that we are familiar with. Although I felt like we did our part I felt like we could've done more. And yesterday completed that feeling. Adam played in, what we thought, was just a friendly match against their rival team. I am going to be honest no one really wanted to play a game on their day off. Come to find out all donations and proceeds made during the game went directly to a Haiti relief fund. As soon as the guys were told, the atmosphere turned into a fun-filled game on basketball instead of a I-wish-I-was-at-home kind of game. Everyone had a great time and I am happy that Adam got a chance to Play for Haiti!

0 comments:

Post a Comment