Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Jill E. Harrington Hanzalik Memorial Fund

It has been a busy month to say the least. When the season is over I used to think it was time to relax for the summer and get ready for another season living aboard. Well let me tell you something, it is the complete opposite. The spring/summer for us is the busiest time of the year. We are pulled in 100 different directions and try to do what most people do in 12 months in 3. So needless to say, my blog has taken back seat.

So to fill you in here...

First, Adam has been working non-stop on his sister's memorial fund. The Jill E. Harrington Hanzalik Memorial Fund is officially underway. We have our first event scheduled for Saturday, June 26th at Jake's Tavern in Turners Falls, MA (if you are in town, please come by) and our second event schedule for Sunday, August 1st at Mount Snow Golf Course in Dover, VT. Please see Adam's facebook page for any details.

It warms my heart watching Adam go to work on helping his sister's legacy live on. I can tell he feels so strongly about it and really knows he can help youth and young adults chase their dreams so for that I am proud of him.

Next, we took a nice little vacation to Block Island, RI and had an amazing time. If you ever get the chance to go, go. It is the cutest little island with happy people and beautiful views. After that I took the train to NYC and the boys went home for a weekend to themselves! I drove down to NJ to help my little (big) sister get ready for her very first semi-formal. She looked absolutely gorgeous and I was in tears watching her walk into the dance.

Lastly, on Saturday my bridesmaids and family threw me the most amazing bridal shower in the rain ever. It was just perfect! They all did such a wonderful job and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Our house is currently filled with more gifts then any one human should have but I will say I am more in love with crate and barrel then I ever was.

Well there you have it, that's the run down of our lives lately. Jayden is growing like a weed and is actually becoming more independent then I ever thought possible.

I am going to try and "promise" to get back to my normal blogging about other things then our lives. But for now, I will leave you with this video of our pastor, Carl Lentz talking about his newest journey: the coming together of Hillsong NYC.

1 comments:

Meliabella said...

So glad to have found your blog! :) You and Adam are doing amazing things. Jill is smiling down on us all.

See you at Jake's! :)

Post a Comment