Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wedding Dress Disaster

What do you do when your wedding is 93 days away and you don't have a wedding dress? Don't stress and relax. Well that's what I am trying to do. There are far more bigger problems in this world then worry about a wedding dress, right? Of course!

Here is my story. I bought a wedding dress before we left for Poland because I knew we wouldn't be back in the states in time to order whatever dress I liked (custom dresses take 6 to 8 months to come in). So I made an impulse buy. At the time I thought I liked the dress I bought. When we first got home from Poland, I wasn't in the mood to try the dress on again. Last week I decided to try the dress on for my mom. I immediately started crying and lost it. I absolutely hate it. I looks so cheap and doesn't fit at all. So now what?

I have began my dress search again. It is going to be difficult because 1. there is a labor shortage in China right now so some dresses at taking much longer and 2. there are no size 0 or 2 in stores. Most stores carry sizes 10 and 12 as floor models.

You all may be wondering why it is such a big deal to me to get a dress that I absolutely love. To Adam and I, divorce is NOT an option once we are married. Therefore, I am going to wear one wedding dress on September 4, 2010 and that is it. So it is very important to me to look and feel like a gorgeous bride for Adam, my future husband. I have not given up hope, I have faith that I will find the perfect wedding dress before my wedding!

4 comments:

A Boy, His Girls & A Big Dog said...

It will work out...you can rush some orders, and some designers are faster than others, I would talk to the boutiques and see what they can do.

Blessed said...

It is very possible! I bought my dress off a rack and had it altered in less than 3 weeks. :) If all else fails, I will send you mine! haha But I know it will work out for you!

Maria said...

You could show up in a slip and look amazing. I am confident you will find a great dress and look stunning on the big day. :)

Christ Follower said...

Did you ever find a dress?

Post a Comment