Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Great post: The Sleep-Life Connection

Behind every great woman is an even greater man? Is that how it goes? (wink, wink)!

Joe Crispin, the husband of Erin Crispin from Married to a Baller wrote a short, sweet and wonderful post to involving a sleep/life connection; and I couldn't agree with him more.

Last night while the Crispin's ventured off to a college baseball game, Adam and I were at a Bon Jovi concert and Jayden was having a sleepover with his cousin, Baby Addison. When we first woke up, Jayden was in a great mood but just as Joe mentioned, as the day wore on Jayden's behavior took a turn for the worse. His listening ears were not attached and his respectful words and manor were below par. Needless to say, by the time 7 PM rolled around he was not allowed to play outside anymore for not sharing and he was in bed at 8 PM sharp.

Every child is different but for Jayden the amount and quality of sleep he gets is a huge part of his every day life. Some kids can function on 8 to 10 hours of sleep, my child not so much. Adam and I try our best to stick to his daily schedule but when things come up and he isn't in bed by 8:30 PM or we are not home to take a nap I try to be extra sensitive of his feelings because I know how much lack of sleep effects him.

And for my last theory on the importance of sleep, I swear sleep and sickness go hand in hand. I haven't done any research on this so it is strictly a little theory of mine but I can count the amount of times I've had to take Jayden to the doctors because he wasn't feeling well on one hand and have a couple fingers left over - HA!

2 comments:

Maria said...

The research will (and does) show that sleep deprivation leads to illness. There are a bajillion other things too, but lack of sleep wears the body down so it cannot recover and fight the bugs. :)

Kearstin said...

Perfect - I knew my theory was right ;)

Post a Comment