Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Fried Rice

Adam's appetite has been out of control.  There is nothing I can feed him that satisfies his hunger.  He also has been coming home very late due to his training schedule.  So I needed to find something that would be good as leftovers and that's when I found this quick and easy Chicken Fried Rice receipe.

Ingredients

1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 eggs light beaten
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 cup of frozen stir fry vegetables, thawed
3 tbsp kikkoman Soy Sauce
3 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
1/2 lb chicken, diced and cooked

Directions

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat
Add Minute Rice, brown slightly (about 3 minutes)
Add eggs; scramble until cooked thoroughly
Add broth, vegetables, chicken and kikkoman Soy Sauce to skillet
Bring to a boil, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.


This was my first attempt at this recipe.  Adam said the rice was a bit dry but other than that it was really good. I plan on adding a little more chicken broth and soy sauce the next go around.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hmm...looks like you are ready for a guest post on meals with maria. ;-)

Kearstin said...

Ahhh... I'd love to! I don't have any dishes but I do have a couple good ones ;)

Maria said...

Let me know when you have time/have a picture. I'll write a nice intro (of you!) and post it. :)

Post a Comment