Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hillsong United: Aftermath, cont.

A couple of my friends came through with their favorite music so I wanted to share it with you.  But first, I have to tell you that Hillsong United had a SOLD OUT crowd last night at the Staples Center.  Can you believe that?  I can't even wrap my head around the fact that the LA Lakers sell out the Staples Center and now a praise and worship band did the same.  God is real good!

Erin, from Married to a Baller shared here list here:

1. Steven Curtis Chapman- Not only a wonderful guy in person, but a great musician who has been making quality music for a long time. My favorite albums would have to be "Greatest Hits", "Declaration", "All About Love" and "Beauty Will Rise"
2. Tenth Avenue North- "Over and Underneath" and "Light Meets the Dark"
3. Nichole Nordeman- "Woven and Spun"
4. Casting Crowns- "Casting Crowns" and "Lifesong"
5. Cademon's Call: "In the Company of Angels: A Call to Worship"
6. Sovereign Grace Music: All 3 of their children's CD's are great, plus my favorites are "Sons & Daughters", "Upward: The Bob Kauflin Hymns Project", "The Valley of Vision" and "Worship God Live" Plus all are on sale right now for very cheap at http://www.sovereigngracestore.com/category.aspx?categoryID=5
7. Out of Eden: "Out of Eden: The Hits"
8. Reilly: "Let June Decide"
9. Matt Redman: "Ultimate Collection"
10. Newsboys: "Adoration: The Worship Album"

And Maria from Pieces of My Mind shared here list here:

Audrey Assad
Chris Tomlin "Arriving"
"Here I am to Worship" (It's a bunch of worship songs from various artists)
Jennifer Knapp "Kansas" and "Letting Go" though I like her work in general 
Newsboys -- OK, The Breakfast Song is something I could wake up to daily. I like their other work too, but I love the way this one makes me smile though I wouldn't necessarily call it worship. 
Lacrae 
And my favorite song of all: The Happy Song on "Here I Am to Worship" CD.

Need a little boost in the morning?  I am telling you these songs will do just that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment