Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What kind of basketball fan are you?

A fellow basketwife of mine from Traveling Allowed wrote a funny piece called "What kind of basketball fan are you?"  Check it out!

As I read the following categories I started laughing out loud because I've met at least one wife that could fit into every category.  As for myself, I had to go back and read them twice before I could make my decision.  First and foremost I am The Knowledgeable Wife.  I've played and watched basketball my entire life.  I don't want to sound full of myself but I really know the game (just ask my husband who always asks for my analysis of the game once it's over - ha). But along with The Knowledgeable Wife I am guilty of being The Critic as well.  Anyone how has seen European basketball knows that 80% of referees are absolutely horrible (was that too harsh?).  Bad calls both ways, bad calls one way, making up calls after the messed up the last call, etc., it never ends.  And I am the first to call Adam out when he needs a little boost or wake up call.  To top it off, I love to give the referees my two cents; never in a rude way but you will most certainly hear me yell, "I am sorry Sir, but that was an AWFUL call."

So to all my basketwives/girlfriends/fiancees what type of basketball fan are you?

3 comments:

Maria said...

Ha ha! Wait until you read my post. :)

BTW-- I have never called a ref "sir." for the record.

ANHD said...

Thanks for the link, Kearstin. I think being the "Knowledgeable Wife" and "The Critic" almost always go hand in hand. When you really understand the game, it's hard not to speak up when something's gone wrong!

Kearstin said...

LOL - I am known for yelling at refs but referring to them as "sir." Somehow I feel as though it justifies the not so nice comments out of my mouth!

Post a Comment