Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Favorite Items: Carmex Lip Balm


To start the list of my favorite items I had to start with Carmex Lip Balm. I honestly can't leave the house with it. It is a lifesaver in the winter and although it only has SPF 15 in it, it still protects my lips in the summer. It is so inexpensive, around $1.00 - $1.75 and it lasts forever.

I have tried numerous lip balm in my life and this by far is my favorite. Now if only they would add a little color to the balm I would be all set.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I like Burts Bees-- it's less toxic than Carmex (http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product/38185/Carmex_Lip_Balm/). However, if you want your Carmex and want it tinted too (ha ha), you might try something like this-- http://pinktuutuu.blogspot.com/2009/03/diy-tinted-carmex.html or melt the carmex with the remains of a favorite lip stick.

A Boy, His Girls & A Big Dog said...

$1.00 at Wal-Mart, bought 3 tubes on Black Friday - WOOT WOOT.

Kearstin said...

Maria - I can't get your links to work! And I am so willing to try Burts Bees. When I run out of my Carmex I will let you know how it goes!

Maria said...

Hmm...strange. They work for me. The first one is to the cosmetic database where you can look up products to see how toxic they are and what type of "stuff" is in them-- Carmex scores a 7 (out of 10), which is not good. Burts Bees, depending on which one you get, scores around a 2 or 3. Colored ones are higher-- especially dark/deep reds. The database is great though. You can find out if your lipstick has lead in it...all kinds of fun stuff. :)

Post a Comment