Monday, February 22, 2010

Berlin, Germany & Travel Beds

After some quick planning on Adam's part, we decided to take a weekend trip to Berlin, Germany. For Jayden and I it was our first time there (besides flying into the airport a couple times). We stayed at a gorgeous 5 star hotel in the heart of the city and while Adam & Jayden were enjoying the swimming pool, I was enjoying walking around the city and doing a little shopping. I hate to admit it, but we ate at just about every American restaurant we could find; McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, Subway and Starbucks. And believe it or not, the best meal we had came from an Italian joint, Vapiano, across the street from our hotel! We didn't do too much sightseeing but we will definitely be going back at the end of the season.

The point to my post; I realized again that I can't stand (that's really mean, but the truth) sleeping in the same bed as Jayden. Adam and I literally got no sleep! A comfortable bed in a 5 start hotel and we had a bad nights sleep, who would've thought! Therefore, our favorite items for sleeping on hotels are the following: Tuck-Me-In Travel bed and the Peapod Travel Bed. Both are great for traveling and keep Jayden out of our bed!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Vapianos is a German chain, but it is now open in the US too! I found that out when one opened just a couple blocks from where I was working in DC last summer (Chinatown). There's also one on M Street, and when I looked online Dallas and Fort Myer, FL, and a few more spots in Virginia. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! http://www.vapianointernational.com/vapiano/

I'm glad you had a good time in Berlin. That is one city in Germany I have yet to visit, but I hope to make it soon!

Kearstin said...

You just made my life! LOL! Vapianos was absolutely amazing! I will have to look into their locations in the states!

The problem is... I love eating out in Europe; it's so friendly and relaxed. In the states its rush, rush, rush, I want more tips.

Maria said...

Both the Vapianos I went to in DC were relaxed like they were in Germany, so that'll be nice. I tend to seek out places that don't push us out the door. I like the long leisurely dinners of Europe too. :)

Post a Comment