Monday, April 12, 2010

The Princess and the Prom

I am so excited to announce my very first fundraising event. A friend of mine emailed me looking for old prom dresses that I would be willing to donate to girls who are unable to afford a new prom dress. Of course I was overly excited to help someone out since my mother spent a fortune on 3 prom dresses for me, which I may add, have been sitting in the back of my closet ever since my senior prom. That night I was thinking about how when I went to the prom I got my nails, hair and make-up done all in preparation for the big night. Then my next thought was if there are girls out there that are unable to afford a dress how are they going to pay to get their nails, hair and make-up done. The next morning I mentioned to Adam that deep down inside I felt like I had to do something to make the prom extra special for some girls. So I talked to some of my girlfriends, who are no hair and make-up experts but we can certainly get the job done, and they were more then willing to help as well.

I sent a proposal to two of my favorite high school teachers, who just happen to be largely part of the 2010 prom and they were both very excited about the idea. I hope to hear back from both of them this afternoon saying that they printed out my little write up and have girls already interested in our non-professional but extremely capable hair and make-up talents! I am so excited to be able to help some girls prom dreams come true!

If anyone reading this post is from the Western Massachusetts area and you would like to donate your old prom dresses, please contact me immediately! Also, if anyone who knows a thing or two about hair and make-up and would like to help us out please let me know. The more people willing to volunteer the more girls we can help!

4 comments:

Maria said...

What a great idea! I wish I were closer so I could help out, though I must admit, I got rid of my formal dresses after college! Lord help me if I ever need one again!

Kearstin said...

I just donated mine the other week - I had my Mom drop them off at a charity! LOL! I don't know why I kept them for some long. I will admit, I did keep one of them. I have promised myself to wear it again someday ;)

A Boy, His Girls & A Big Dog said...

When do I have to get them in? Mine are in my closet at home and my parents won't be there until late next week.

Kearstin said...

Prom is May 8th! If you wanted to donate them I am sure my mom would be more then willing to stop by your parents house and pick them up :)

Post a Comment