Friday, December 31, 2010

Good-Bye 2010, Hello 2011

My yearly recap has come.  It was fun to look at last years recap today to see how things went differently this year!  So here it goes:

December 2009/January 2010: Celebrated the holidays in Massachusetts, Vermont and New Jersey.  Signed in Kolobrzeg, Poland on January 2nd.

February 2010: We celebrated Jayden's 3rd birthday with 4 of Adam's teammates and 3 of our new Polish friends in Kolobrzeg.

March 2010: Adam and I tired to help Jayden get rid of his pacifier (this was a huge event in our home) but it failed miserably when some of neighbors yelled at us in Polish.  Adam and I both started p90x (he is still doing it, I have taken a break)!

April 2010: The month my amazing sister-in-law and sweet nephew met Jesus.  Adam and his family launched the Jill E. Harrington Hanzalik Memorial Fund in honor of his beloved sister and nephew.

May 2010: A slow month of all of us.  Our hearts were aching and there were many questions left unanswered.

June 2010: Our first JEHH event took place at a local tavern.  We raised nearly $8,000!  Jayden attended his first summer sports camp and he absolutely loved it!  Lastly, my dear friends and family put on the most amazing bridal shower ever!

July 2010: Adam turned 30!  I pulled off an amazing surprise birthday party with our close friends and family!  We also celebrated Miss. Olivia Turner's 3rd birthday in Richmond, VA!

August 2010: The first JEHH Golf Tournament took place and it was by far the best tournament Mount Snow had ever put on.  Adam and I were held hostage when our friends decided to have bachelor and bachelorette parties!  Adam went to a NY Yankees game and then to the beach for a night and the girls headed to Atlantic City to soak up the sun and have a great dinner!

September 2010: I married the man of my dreams!  It was a beautiful day...

October 2010: Our little man took his first trip to the ER for an injury.  He fell of his bed at 3:30 AM and hit his eye on the corner of his end stand.  7 stitches and 1 hour later he was back in his bed fast asleep!

November 2010: Adam decided to take a step back from basketball and train kids while he waited for a better contract to come.  I was asked to be apart of the birth of my best mommy friends' 3rd child!  We welcomed Jaelyn to the world, it was a magical day!

December 2010: The Harrington household was attacked by the stomach bug twice; once landing me in his hospital. We were able to celebrated the holidays with our family and friends!

That is a quick, not very thought out year in review.  This year was struck by a horrible tragedy that we are still learning to deal with.  But by the Grace of God I know we will get through it and turn this mess into a message for everyone.  I am blessed beyond belief to be in a relationship with Jesus, to be surrounded by an amazing husband, a loving son, great friends and family.  I must not never forget that even in the hardest times.  Have a happy and safe new year everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment