Monday, March 29, 2010

Menu Monday

Monday
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Chicken Cheese Steaks with Harrington Potatoes

Tuesday
Lunch: Cold Cut Sandwiches
Dinner: Turkey Dogs and Burgers

Wednesday
Lunch: Grilled Ham and Cheese
Dinner: Sweet & Sour Chicken over Rice

Thursday
Lunch: Broth Noodles
Dinner: Homemade Calzones

Friday
Lunch: Hot Sandwiches
Dinner: Fajitas (yum!)

Saturday
Lunch: Chicken Quesadillas
Dinner: American Chop Suey

Sunday
Lunch: Pizza
Dinner: Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Corn

I can't believe it's the last Monday in March. Over the past month I have shared with all of you what we eat every night as a family. It is easy to see we are not the "healthiest" eaters but I have improved a lot since Adam and I first started dating. I try to make as much as I can from scratch and use little to no red meat, i.e., turkey meatballs, turkey dogs and lastly, I hate when food goes to waste so I try to re-use our leftovers to make something else (leftovers have been minimal this season because we have one of Adam's teammates over every night for dinner).

I don't want to make excuses but when we are in the states our weekly menus are much more of a variety. As you can see now, we eat a LOT of chicken and I will be the first to admit, I can get sick of too much chicken. I feel like I have so many more options in the states; such as shredded cheddar cheese, can soup mixes for casseroles, etc., it's the little things I miss which I am sure I could make from scratch but haven't set out on that adventure yet! I plan on continuing to work on more of a variety as well as more vegetables for the next few months when we get home. Hopefully that will carry on to next season wherever we may be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment