Thursday, March 25, 2010

Soup Noodles

At least once a week we have "soup noodles." It's Jayden's favorite meal and if you asked him what he wanted for lunch or dinner he would say "soup noodles!" Some of you may be wondering what "soup noodles" are. To be honest, I have no idea what they are but we absolutely love them!

Shopping List

No. 5 Spaghetti
Knorr Bouillon aux Herbs et a l'huile d'olive

Why in French? Because we had stocked up before we left France last year to bring them back to the United States and now to Poland. Basically they are bouillon cubes with herbs and olive oil. We use the Knorr brand but other commons brands are Oxo, Kallo, Hormel, etc. I am not sure what is available in every country, but they are very common.

Directions

Prepare spaghetti according to box and simply add 2 or 3 cubes to the water. When the noodles are done place a bowl underneath the strainer to collect the "broth/water." Fill your bowls up with spaghetti and lots of broth and have fun slurping!

3 comments:

Maria said...

So what you are saying is that you make your own ramen. ;-)

I find that there are way more options for bouillon in foreign countries. I used to mix it up and throw one or two in with the noodles while they cook for dishes where I wasn't making a sauce for with the pasta. It gave the noodles a bit of flavor. I'd usually, for myself, then mix the noodles with a bit of creme fraise and top with emmental cheese. Wow. the memories! Thanks!

Kearstin said...

LOL - I may have to take you up on that idea!

I have never had ramen noodles, LOL, but Adam's teammate the other day was over for dinner and he said the same thing! Adam likes when I put some chicken in it too!

Maria said...

I used to eat ramen in middle and high school until I read what is in it! LOL! Kevin still likes ramen, but I make him the good stuff when I am around.

Post a Comment